The circle, square, and dot that provide the idea of a vintage camera with exquisite simplicity are identifiable in the Instagram app icon. If you’re sick of that look, you’ll be relieved to learn that there are ways on how to change Instagram icon on IOS and Android.
Instagram offered the ability to alter the icon from the app’s own settings for a small period, although this was merely to commemorate the app’s 10-year anniversary.
This article explains the different ways on how to change the Instagram app icon on Android and iOS smartphones.
How To Change Instagram Icon on IOS
The new version of Instagram has made it easy for its users to change the app icon whenever they want. Aside from changing the icon through your Instagram setting, you can download the Shortcut app from the Google Play store to get that done.
Here’s how to change the Instagram app icon.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone. In the lower-right corner, tap your profile icon.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the three-line menu symbol. Make a selection of options.
- Pull down from the screen’s top (basically scrolling up). Continue to pull down until you see a string of emojis. (It may take a few attempts.)
- If you’re successful, you’ll be taken to a website with all the old icons that are available (with confetti flying everywhere). Choose an icon.
Alternatively, you can change your Instagram Icon on iPhone using the Shortcuts App. To start:
- Open the Shortcuts app and create a new shortcut with the Open App action selected.
- Select Instagram as the shortcut type, give it a name, and choose a photo to use as the new shortcut image.
- On your iOS device, a new shortcut with the name Instagram appears.
How do you change the Instagram app icon on an Android phone or tablet?
You can change your icon in two ways if you have an Android device. Either you use your mobile app or a launcher.
I will explain!
For a mobile app
With your mobile phone, you can get apps for the Google Play store that can help you change app icons easily. Though some are paid apps, there are still some that are free you can go for.
With apps like X Icon Changer or Shortcut Maker, you can change your Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or any other social media platform icon.
For instance, to change your Instagram icon using X Icon Changer:
1. Visit Google Play Store
First, go to the Google Play store and download X Icon Changer. Then, tap and hold a blank place on your phone’s home screen
2. Choose a Widget
Afterward, select Widgets from the drop-down menu. You can create a widget by tapping and holding an empty area of the home screen.
Look for X Icon Changer at the bottom of the page. When the home screen opens, tap and hold the symbol, then select where you want it to go before letting go of the screen.
Select Instagram from the list of installed apps on your phone.
3. Select Image
Choose the image you’d like to use. You can go through the pre-made icon tabs, shoot a photo, or select an image from your photo collection.
In X Icon Changer, you may choose from a variety of ready-made icons.
4. Hit the ‘OK” button
When you’re finished, press OK.
To finish these tasks, you may need to wait through an ad, as with most icon-changer programs.
Alternatively, make use of a launcher.
Installing a launcher is another way to change the Instagram icon (or any other app icon, for that matter). Most launchers allow you to modify not just the design of your phone but also the icons.
Smart Launcher, for instance, is a popular launcher that makes changing icons simple. We’ll show you how to do it, but you can do the same thing with a variety of other launchers.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download Smart Launcher.
- For the first time, launch Smart Launcher and perform the initial setup. You will be given the option of upgrading to one of the app’s premium subscription tiers, but you can decline and continue to use it for free.
- Go to Instagram (Smart Launcher automatically sorts the app onto the Communication page). Select the Edit icon from the pop-up menu by tapping and holding the icon.
- Choose the icon you’d like to use. You can choose from the gallery (your phone’s photo gallery), Smart Launcher (the launcher’s icon collection), or any other icon packs installed.
How Do I Change the Color of My Instagram Icon?
According to the most recent updates, the company has proven that it goes above and beyond the expectations of its users by allowing users to change the color of the Instagram icon on their Android and iOS devices simply by updating the app. Instagram has been updated to include new features such as.
- Hashtag craze
Aside from great upgrades, it also has many blocking settings and censors for sensitive information on the app to limit sharing of such criminal content.
With the steps above, you can change your Instagram icon whether you’re an iPhone or Android user.
- Indiatoday.in– How to Change Instagram Icon on your Mobile device
- lifewire.com– Change Icon Instagram App
- Businessinsider.com – How to Change Instagram Icon