Instagram was designed for social connections. While commenting on and liking another account’s post is a great way to show some love, the best way to increase your engagement with other followers is to learn how to repost Instagram stories, photos, and videos.
Instagram Stories have enabled businesses to incorporate a more human and personal side into Instagram’s marketing strategy. With IG Stories, you can create and share photos, videos, polls, and other content for 24 hours.
It is less worthwhile to invest time and effort in short-lived content. Hence, it is important to keep story production time effective. Hence, not only is reposting a great way to build your community, but it’s also one of the fastest ways to create content.
This article will teach you how to repost Instagram stories; re-share other people’s posts on your Instagram story, how to repost someone else’s story on your story, what steps to take if it is not tagged, and how to creatively repost stories.
Why should I repost Instagram Stories?
Reposting stories on Instagram is a great way to keep your audience engaged, tell a fuller brand story, and gain credibility with user-generated content.
Whether it’s a quote that fits your brand, a series of behind-the-scenes videos of collaboration, or rave reviews of your product/service, reposting is a great way to share the love with your community.
However, the answer to the question “How to repost a story on Instagram” is not always immediately obvious.
Maybe you’ve seen a story from someone you don’t know personally but you’d like to share it again, or it’s a personal account, or your business friend just forgot to tag you and you want to use it.
The good news is that even in these scenarios, it is still possible to repost Instagram stories.
How to repost an Instagram story on Instagram App
Most Instagram posts made by public accounts can be shared with your followers as part of your Instagram story. This is the only official way to share a post created by other people on Instagram, and it’s popular for its simplicity and connection with the original creator.
1. Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and find the Instagram post that you want to share.
2. Tap the paper airplane icon> Add a post to your story.
3. The post now appears embedded in a new Instagram story. You can now add the usual gifs, texts, and music.
4. Tap your story to post it as a new Instagram story.
How to repost Instagram Stories without the Instagram app
There is also a way to download videos from Instagram Stories if you don’t have the app. You can do this by using social media planning tools like StorySaver to use video for Instagram.
To use StorySaver, all you need to do is add an Instagram user’s account name and paste it into the tool. Try StorySaver here: https://www.storysaver.net/
Since this works anonymously, you should ask the story creator before using the tool.
Once you’ve downloaded the story, you can re-upload it to Instagram either from the app or from the Instagram site.
How to repost an Instagram story on your own account
While it is possible to share some other Instagram stories with your followers, there are a few requirements that must be met:
- The account must be public.
- Instagram story sharing must be enabled for the account.
- They must be marked in the story.
If you get tagged on an Instagram story, you will get a DM to notify you. If the account you tagged is public and allows content sharing, you should see a link in the message. To post this story in a new story on your own account, tap Add this to your story, then continues with the instructions from above.
How to Repost an Instagram Story if you’re Not Tagged
While there are numerous third-party apps that allow you to repost someone else’s Instagram posts, there are none that support reposting Instagram stories.
However, one way to get around this limitation is to use your device’s screenshot or screen recording capabilities.
For example, you can take a screenshot of someone else’s Instagram story as you watch them, and then upload that screenshot to a new story. Likewise, you can use screen recording to capture an Instagram story video and then repost that video in your own story.
How to repost a video or photo post on Instagram
There is no built-in way to repost photos or videos on Instagram. To get around this limitation, you need to download a third-party app. Fortunately, there are a large number of such apps for both iOS and Android, and most of them are free to download and use.
Repost for Instagram is a good downloadable app for Android users, while Regrammer is a good choice for iOS. Both are free and don’t require you to sign in with your Instagram or Facebook account information.
The instructions below are for the Regrammer iOS app, but each step is virtually identical to using the Repost for the Instagram app on Android.
- Open the Regrammer app on your iOS device.
- A message will appear asking you to give the app permission to access your device’s photos. Tap OK.
- The app asks if you want to receive notifications. This is optional. Tap either Don’t Allow or Allow.
- You will be presented with a welcome screen with instructions. Tap on Skip.
- Open the Instagram app on the same device and find the post that you want to republish.
- Tap the ellipsis in the upper right corner of the Instagram post.
- Tap Copy Link. The link to this post will be copied to your device’s clipboard.
- Open the regrammer. The copied link should automatically appear in the search field within the app. If it doesn’t, tap the box, long press and tap Paste.
- Tap Preview.
- By default, your repost will not show the name of the original Instagram account from which you received the video or photo. To add this account name, tap one of the four square icons.
- When you’re done, tap the blue share icon.
- Tap Repost on Instagram.
- The app asks permission to switch to the Instagram app. Tap Open.
- Tap Feed> Next.
- Edit the photo or video as you normally would by adding a filter and changing its settings.
- Tap Next.
- Add the post description, hashtags, people tags and location data as you would with a normal Instagram post.
- When you are finished, tap Share to publish your post. It should now appear in your main Instagram account feed.
So now you know how to repost a story on Instagram easily and properly. Did you know that you can plan your stories? Getting started is free and easy; Create your first post in minutes.
Reposting Instagram Stories and sharing user-generated content is a great way to fill your feed with beautiful content
Whether you’re teasing a new post on your feed or promoting someone else’s content, reposting is a great way to increase your engagement and grow your followers on Instagram.